Movie Releases & More
LOOKING FOR COUPONS? CHECK OUT → THE FACTS COUPONS
February 24. A young African American man visits his Caucasian girlfriend’s cursed family estate.
Carrie Frances Fisher was born on October 21, 1956 in Burbank, California, to singer Eddie Fisher and actress Debbie Reynolds. She was best known as Princess Leia in the Star Wars films. She is also known for her books, especially Postcards From The Edge, a thinly veiled study of the relationship between her parents. Carrie faced many challenges in her life, including prescription drug addiction and bipolar disorder. She dealt with them with humor and wit. Examples: “I was street smart, but unfortunately the street was Rodeo Drive.” “You can’t find true affection in Hollywood because everyone does the fake affection so well.” “Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.” Her final acting project was the third season of Catastrophe. She passed away on December 27, 2016, only one day before her mother.
Mary Frances Reynolds was born on April 1, 1932, in El Paso, Texas. Her film career began at MGM after she won a beauty contest at age 16. Reynolds wasn’t a dancer until she was selected to be Gene Kelly’s partner in Singin’ in the Rain (1952). Not yet twenty, she was a quick study. She was 31 when she gave an Academy Award-nominated performance in The Unsinkable Molly Brown. With singer/actor Eddie Fisher, she was the mother of filmmaker Todd Fisher and actress/writer Carrie Fisher. Reynolds once said, “Singin’ in the Rain and childbirth were the two hardest things I ever had to do in my life.” Debbie died of a stroke on December 28, 2016, one day after the death of her daughter Carrie. She said to her son, “I miss her so much, I want to be with Carrie.” She was survived by her son and granddaughter, up-and-coming actress Billie Lourd.
PLAY THE TRIVIA GAME
1. What film did Aimee Teegarden and Zach Roerig appear in before Rings?
2. What was John Wick: Chapter 2 director, Chad Stahelski, previously known for?
3. Fist Fight is the second movie to star both Ice Cube and Tracy Morgan. What was the first?
4. What television series do Natalie Dormer and John Bradley of Patient Zero both star in?
5. In The Lego Batman Movie, what made up names are on the Joker’s list of the worst villains?
DID YOU KNOW...
A BRIDGING SHOT is used to cover a jump in time or place or other discontinuity. Examples are falling calendar pages, railroad wheels, newspaper headlines or seasonal changes.
DID YOU KNOW...
Carrie Fisher (1956-2016) was only 19 years old when she landed the role of Princess Leia in 1977’s Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope - one of film’s all-time strongest female leads and a role she would be known for even decades later.
1. Friday Night Lights 2. Being Keanu Reeves’ stunt double in the Matrix trilogy 3. First Sunday 4. Game of Thrones 5. Gentleman Ghost, Calendar Man & The Condiment King